Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Seven Real-Life Heroes

My rules for this list: they must be people who have been alive during your lifetime, but not necessarily people you have actually met, as long as they have somehow shaped your life.
Again, in no particular order, except for the first one--
  1. My dad
  2. The "Chick Click"--okay, it's cheating, this is a group of 6 of the best friends anyone could ever hope for!
  3. My best friend, who isn't IN the Chick Click anymore (she resigned, she wasn't fired!)
  4. My sister
  5. The friend who introduced me to Christ
  6. Angela Thomas (author & speaker)
  7. My pastor
I guess I should say that by "hero," I don't mean that I consider these people to be up on a pedestal--all of them, at least the ones that I know personally, have also "failed" me at some point...because EVERYONE will fail you at some point except for Jesus...He's the only one you should EVER have up on a pedestal, because He will NEVER fail us. The people I've listed are every bit as human as I am and they have had their moments of failing to be what God wanted them to be...but they have also all inspired me, encouraged me, kept me moving in the right direction, or helped to pick me up and keep me going when I couldn't do it alone.

No comments: